My Faith in God is Fading. I am losing my Faith in God. When I believed, my faith was hot, but now it’s cold. It does not give me joy… What can help me? Any Bible never lose Hope and Faith quotes?”
In the Christian race and in our lives as Christians it is not uncommon to hear such statements. Some people complain about their faiths and their passion God dwindling and some of them do not know the cause of the problem, but usually they know it’s a problem.
When you notice My faith in God is fading, it could be for a number of reasons:
- It could be because you have been going through a particular or a series of problems with no apparent respite.
- It could be that some other things have taken your attention.
- Also it could be that you have been attracted by the alluring things around you, that have taken your mind from God.
When you notice this happening My faith in God is fading, you do not just fold your hands and let it continue. You have to renew your faith.
“There’s more to me than just this jersey I wear, and that’s Christ living inside of me.” – Stephen Curry, NBA Superstar.
Jude 1:20 “But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.”
Ways to build up your Trust and Faith in God
My faith in God is fading. There are many ways to build up your faith in God as the Bible advises us. Some of these ways will be explained in this article.
You have to plug the problem at the source
When you have water leaking in your house, you do not keep cleaning the floor. You stop it from its source before you start cleaning up or at the same time.
The same thing should be done here, when my faith in God is fading. What is that thing that has taken your attention from God or made you lose faith in Him? You have to get your focus on God and away from the problems or any other distractions. You have to understand that God will always come through.
Hebrews 12:1-2 says, “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
We have to place our focus on God and endure whatever hardship we may go through as Hebrews 12:7 advises. This takes conscious efforts.
You have to re-evaluate the company you have been keeping
Sometimes, the reason for our dwindling faith is the company we have been keeping, the activities we have been engaged in.
Are your close friends womanizers or are they fraudsters? Have they made you more tolerant towards such offenses? Have you become more in tune with worldly things than you are with Godly things? It is time to re-evaluate your companions, your friends and all those who have a heavy influence in your life.
Bible quotes in hard times: 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 states, “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
You have to understand that in situations like My faith in God is fading, you cannot give an edge to evil thought or thoughts that take your attention from God. Instead, you should try keeping the company of believers.
You should be more in the company of people who share and strengthen your faith by their lifestyle, by their testimonies and by the things they expose you to. The Bible says in Proverbs 27:17 that a man sharpens his friend’s countenance like iron sharpens iron.
This will go a long way in helping your faith in God.
My Faith in God is Fading – Bible never lose Hope and Faith quotes
Romans 10:17 tells us that faith comes by hearing the Word of God. You should read up your Bible, sit at God’s feet time and again and let God’s Word build your faith. Hebrews 4:12 speaks of the power of God’s word to pierce and convince. God’s Word gives life to a dead faith. It is important to hear the Word of God.
Also, you should engage in worship activities like singing praises to his name and praying often to Him. This can be seen in Acts 16:25.
Bible never lose Hope and Faith quotes:
- Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Psalm 37:24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
- 2 Chronicles 15:7 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
- Philippians 3:7-14 – never lose hope and faith quotes.
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”
- Hebrews 12:1-3 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
- Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
- 2 Peter 3:8-9 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
Listening to the testimony of other Christians also helps in increasing faith. This is because it is evidence that God still works miracles and that he still cares about us.
These are some of the ways to increase your faith and stop it from dwindling. It is important that each of us has trust and faith. Apart from the fact that faith helps things go smoothly in life and that you emerge victorious from whatever troubles bother you, the Bible tells us that “without faith, it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6).
Also read: How can I be Sure of my Salvation?