Godly life Bible Verses for the Day
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life. (2 Peter 1:3)
God has given us everything we need in life! Oh really? Admit it, in theory, you agree with the words of the apostle Peter. But in practice, you are not completely assured of that.
God and Man understand Life differently
Mostly because our human definition of “godly life,” “good life,” or “successful life,” differs from God’s definition.
For God, the most important are the spiritual principles that lead to the Kingdom of God. Meanwhile, for people, important principles that guarantee success in “this world”, financial and material well-being, and position in society.
The most important thing for God is the salvation of man. But for the people themselves, the most important thing is money.
That’s what makes God’s and man’s understanding of life different.
Remember, Jesus and the apostles often warns us “do not follow this world,” (Romans 12:2) or “lay up for yourself treasure not in this world, but in heaven.” (Matthew 6:19-21) Because in this world, we are just pilgrims. Our home is not here. Our Homeland in Heaven. Therefore, we should formulate the principles of our life not according to the definitions of this world, but according to the concepts of the Kingdom of God.
John Paul II: “Our true homeland is Heaven.”
But the great weakness of people is the lack of understanding of this fact of life.
For example, we humans want godly life to be formulated in terms of “this world.” Therefore, we first emphasize material values, not spiritual ones. Therefore, people in prayer, above all, emphasize “God give me good health”, “protect my home from hurricane”, “bless my children’s studies”, “Lord give me strength to build my career”, and so on. And only very conscious Christians pray primarily for salvation.
But the apostle Peter is right. God has given us the disposition to achieve the Kingdom of God.
What you need for a Godly Life
What does it take on our part to take advantage of those God-given means?
- Perception – You must know and comprehend the information and means that God gives to our salvation. Without cognition and perception, you don’t know who you are, where you are going, or what your goals are.
- Desire to achieve the highest goals – Perception brings the desire and motivation to achieve the highest goals. And there is nothing above God.
- Humility – Yes, it’s an unpleasant word for our ears. But you realize – pride gives birth to stupidity. Therefore, control your foolish pride, discover humility, and receive the Truth from the hands of God. Accept the fact that He, the Creator and Ruler of the Universe, knows better than you, the foolish and limited man. Did you understand?
- Obedience – If you know the Lord, if you have accepted His gifts and means of salvation, then use them as directed by the Creator and not according to your understanding. May the virtue of humility also bring obedience to you. Without this feature, you will break and ruin everything. Believe me.
- Trust in God – Trust that God is leading you on the right path. I mean, He leads you to the Kingdom of God and wants to show you the best and most effective way. Trust God, He will definitely not take you to Hell.
- Fruitfulness – enough to speak. Show the true fruits of faith. It is not enough to speak beautiful words.
“Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you” (James 4:10, NASB).
Pay Attention to your Faith
If you feel confused today, don’t know where your life path is going, or are going through a crisis, don’t despair. Not everything is as bad as it seems to you.
You have everything you need for a godly life and a successful life. You just haven’t fully understood what gifts God is offering you and how to use them. All you have to do is calm down, discover the time, consider everything well, and very logically, according to God’s plan, put together your life priorities and values.
Blessed be my brother. Our Lord loves you. With His help, you will achieve the highest goals you can only dream of so far. All this will become a reality.
Read also Faith and Courage